In today’s world, believing and supporting black women is more important than ever. Too often, their stories are overlooked, their voices have gone unheard, and their needs are neglected. It’s time to change the narrative. Here are five reasons why.
1. Black women are resilient – From the moment they are born, they face multiple layers of discrimination based on gender, race, class, and sexual orientation. Despite these challenges, black women fight for justice and equality daily with courage and strength. By believing in black women, we can help amplify their courage and resilience.
2. Black women are powerful – When allowed to lead and showcase their talents, black women can do amazing things. They can transform organizations and create positive change in the world around them. Black women have the strength and power to meaningfully contribute to society in powerful ways. They are a significant force that should be celebrated for their inspiring contributions both past, present, and future.
3. Black women are knowledgeable –Black women are imbued with a wealth of knowledge and understanding, invaluable characteristics that contribute to their unique perspectives on life. Their knowledge can be valuable when tackling complex problems or understanding different cultures or communities. We can tap into this knowledge base by believing in black women to improve our society for everyone involved.
4. Black women are creative – Black women have been a powerful creative force for centuries, and continue to contribute immensely to art in all its forms. They are visionary and innovative, pushing the boundaries of what is possible with their immense talent. By believing in black women, we can unlock this creativity and use it to improve our lives—and even save lives!
5. Black Women Deserve Respect – Respect for black women should be non-negotiable and fundamental, as essential to the fabric of society as oxygen is to life. Black women are integral to our culture and should always receive the utmost respect. By respecting their contributions, we show them that they matter and create a fairer, more just world for everyone